Mr. Ouimet is a certified professional accountant, CPA, with more than 45 years in taxation. His professional practice has been with major accounting firms and with smaller firms. He promoted his tax planning skills with corporations, Trusts, Estates, individuals and non-resident taxpayers. He also advises clients concerning their GST/QST situations and also concerning various voluntary disclosures for nominee agreements.
Mr. Ouimet often presented tax conferences to the tax association APFF and presentations to his clients and business groups on various tax topics
The reputation of Mr. Ouimet is based on finding a practical and efficient solution for complex tax situations.
Areas of expertise
- Every ownership of shares of a corporation presents some advantages and disadvantages. Over the years, Mr. Ouimet followed the changes brought to the Income Tax Act which provide incentives and restrictions towards the taxation of dividends, capital gains and to
business reorganisation. Mr. Ouimet also reviews, for tax purposes, the shareholders’ agreement for its adequacy, that any life insurance policy is owned by the proper entity and that the shareholder’s Will respects the deceased’s wishes. This is Mr. Ouimet’s preferred area of expertise which requires knowledge of the latest tax plannings.
- The real estate business is the area which has in the last few years changed the most for its tax implications. The governments brought restrictive tax criteria for their taxation and for their income. The compliance area is more complex and the related penalties could be
very expensive. Mr. Ouimet takes these tax changes into consideration when there is a business reorganisation or upon a bequest from a Will before doing any transaction.
- Bishop’s University in Lennoxville, 1973
- CPA in 1976
- CICA In depth Tax course in 1977 and 1978
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Canadian Tax Fondation
- Judge, John Molson School of Business International MBA Competition