Me Patricia Baram joined the team in 2013 as an attorney in the litigation department. She is a graduate of the Université de Montréal law faculty where she obtained a Bachelor of Law. Throughout her studies, she also had the opportunity to study international law and business law at University Lumière Lyon 2.
Me Patricia Baram practices in civil and commercial litigation, as well as labour law, which involves acting before civil courts and administrative tribunals to defend her clients’ interests.
Me Baram has recently worked on the following mandates:
- Successfully contested a complaint of unjust dismissal for an employer operating in the transportation business;
- Successfully represented several employers during mediation sessions before the Administrative Labour Tribunal where she secured very advantageous amicable settlements.
- Seizures before judgment (real property, bank accounts, etc.)granted by the Courts in several cases and successful representation during the debate on their validity;
- Strategic counsel to employers regarding poor performance of employees, disciplinary misconduct and termination of employment.
- Proposal of effective solutions in order to avoid lengthy and costly judicial proceedings.
Areas Of Expertise
- Labour and employment law
- Civil litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Université de Montréal, LL.B.
- Université de Montréal, post-graduate studies in Labour law (ongoing)
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- Québec Bar Association
- Member of the Directing Office of the Regroupement des jeunes chambres de commerce du Québec
- West Island of Montréal Chamber of Commerce
- Young Montréal Bar Association